Memories

A part of me to those who want to know me and know what are the things happening to me recently...

Monday, April 03, 2006

Qing Ming 2006

Qing Ming, the day where by all decendents must go pray to their past away ancestors. Well for me, i've been praying to my ancestors whom i've never met before for the past 22 yrs. Normally , the whole family would gather at my grandfather house at Tiong Bahru and "Check strength" before moving off. This yr is kinda quiet because there are 5 people missing! hmm actually make it 6 (due to the new comer into the family, my niece haha). Some have reasons, but some of them some how is showing a bad example to the new generations. Think my grandma is quite angry with them. So what happened?

Well those that can be forgiven is my cousins and cousin in law and my cute niece.. They have to take caer of the baby, so cannot come. The ones i feel cannot be forgiven ones are my 2nd uncle and auntie. Why, because one went to play golf and another went overseas to enjoy. Shiok right?.. Really feel sad to have this kinda of relatives. haiz...Well,its up to them.. not really bothered..

Hmmm so where did we go for Qing Ming? Well first we went to a temple beside bedok south sec sch, to pray to my Great grandfather, my 2 great grandmother(Yup there are 2, one Big, one small). Why go there first? because have to go pray by ranking de. See who bigger in terms of positions in the family. Next we went to balestier there. its one of the temple beside a old folk home. Now its time to pray to my Big grandmother. She pass away when my dad is quite young. In other words, my alive grandma is second in ranking(grandfather remarried). Heard she quite a beauty when she is alive.Sad cannot see her in real person. One thing to note is that when it comes to praying, the max generation that one will every pray is 3. Why 3? I dun know. its according to my aunties, but they say something like cannot let future generations to have to much burden when its comes to paying respect to ancestors during Qing Ming, or else my grand child next time still have to pay respects to my great grandfather and many more.."Xiong ah!".

Do u guys believe in wishing wells? haha well there is one wishing pond at the temple in balestier. It has no fishes, instead it has alot of turtles inside.. and there is one fish statue in the middle with its mouth open. Dun know why for the past 20 plus yrs, think from the day i learn how to throw things, me and my cousins have been trying to see if can throw a coin into the fish statue's mouth successfully anot haha.. think total amount we've throw in got at least 1 hundred ba haha.. And yup i did manage to get one in this year.. haha think my cousins all did not. SO wat did i wish for? Nothing haha.. that means i got one wish at back up? haha i hope so...

So is that the end of the day? NOPE my family dun end our day without a game of mahjong haha.. So did i win? NOPE haha i lost.. to who? My mom haha she pro sia.. actually is she lucky ba.. Hmmm but i realised we've played rather fast. we've play 3 rounds from 1330 to 1800 which is rather fast... and somemore it is the first time after 2 yrs that i've finally lost haha.. kinda happy.. dun know why haha.. But sian after mahjong is back to reality.. schooling the next day AH! Monday blues.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get this widget | Share | Track details